What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:Yeah planning on yelling back ‘learn the $$%^%%$ rules and don’t $$%^%%$ swear in front of your $$%^%%$ kids!
If you add at the end "you stupid fkn bogan biatch" you have it covered. :P :lol: 8) :wink:
oh man you must have seen her too, thats the perfect description!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'll track one back a few days. Went to Woolies in Greensie on Sunday.

checkout chick was late teens early 20's, watched her dealing with chatty middle aged women giving her instructions on how to bag their items.

I rock up, she asks if I have or want bags, I say No, just run it through I'll whack it in the trolley and bag it outside. (motivation being I want to make sure each bag is less than 5kg)

Bippety Boppety Boo, stuff all scanned and loaded, as I'm paying the checkout chick says to me "thank you for that, that was so much quicker and easier". I don't often get a thank you fro the checkout staff but I'll take it, and I didn't mention Aldi at all. 8)
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I've got a normal looking belly button again. :D

When I first took the dressings off after surgery, I no longer had a belly button. It was like the cavity had been filled with skin coloured grout and smoothed off.

Had the review with the Surgeon on Wednesday, took some photos and sent them in, had a phone consultation, he said he'd like me to come in Friday (today).

Apparently no problem, but some fluid had built up in the area which caused no belly button. So up on the bench in his office, he gets a syringe, pokes it into my stomach and draws out about 20ml of liquid. Looked a lot more when he showed me the syringe. Get home and look in the mirror, back to normal. :D

Still not allowed to do any normal physical activity for another month though. :x :(
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

ewww, thanks im about to cook dinner, im glad it wasnt a haemorrhoid operation

did you ask the checkout chick out?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Hah, no. She'd be half my age, that would've just been creepy.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Or an important one-on-one experiment, the results of which you could report back in David's "predatory old people" thread. :lol:
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

Got out of bed at 1pm. Feel like I haven't slept in like that for decades.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Or an important one-on-one experiment, the results of which you could report back in David's "predatory old people" thread. :lol:
You looking for dating tips? :P
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

^ Cloke?
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Two more days of work till two days off. It’ll be 13 days work in a 14 day period (shift work) including overtime and one day 0900-22:30 Part of which was O/T as well. Feeling tired & I was hoping to pay for the water tank, pump, plumber and work we had done $5,000 by working a bit extra but the vet bill for the cat was $560 today
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

Hope the cats ok, can’t imagine the work you guys are doing right now. You should get a bonus to pay for the tank, thanks for your efforts xxx

Enjoy the break
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:Hope the cats ok, can’t imagine the work you guys are doing right now. You should get a bonus to pay for the tank, thanks for your efforts xxx

Enjoy the break
Cheers TP: very busy at work, really feeling the difference in people’s anxiety and distress with the number of calls we’re getting
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

I can imagine.

The nursing home my 2 dad’s are in had their second round of testing this week, all clear, so the government watch is off, they can leave their rooms, a big relief.

In my Facebook memories, this time last year I was standing on a mountain in Innsbruck Austria, man what a difference a year makes.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

My mate works from home every second week so all week we’ve been going on a walk during his lunch break, except Friday due to rain. Good to get out in the sunshine and actually talk to someone.

Went out again today, didn’t see too many out but my mask strap fell out early on so walked mask-less most of the way. No One said anything but I enjoyed a couple of death stares :lol:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

stui magpie wrote:I've got a normal looking belly button again. :D

When I first took the dressings off after surgery, I no longer had a belly button. It was like the cavity had been filled with skin coloured grout and smoothed off.

Had the review with the Surgeon on Wednesday, took some photos and sent them in, had a phone consultation, he said he'd like me to come in Friday (today).

Apparently no problem, but some fluid had built up in the area which caused no belly button. So up on the bench in his office, he gets a syringe, pokes it into my stomach and draws out about 20ml of liquid. Looked a lot more when he showed me the syringe. Get home and look in the mirror, back to normal. :D

Still not allowed to do any normal physical activity for another month though. :x :(
Yeah, didn't last long. :(