What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Tannin wrote:^Now that was pretty special. :)
Yeah, wasn't it.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Made a very nice breakfast this morning, a variation on the baked eggs, for one.

Got a rectangular Ramekin out of the cupboard.
Sliced a piece of bacon into strips, put in ramekin cook for 1 minute in microwave

Add small tin of baked beans and stir. Some left over scalloped potato at one end and some cooked leftover beef sausage sliced. Microwave for 2 minutes.

Make a small depression in the beans, crack in 1 egg, place in air fryer for 6 minutes. Season and eat with toast. Fkn Yum.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

https://www.bbcstudios.com.au/shows/spy-in-the-wild/

just WOW!! it was just on channel 9, i taped it so i can watch again, mindblowing

one day im going to go on a tour pro tog, id kill to take those photos!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

^ we’ve taped it because himself is watching his mob play footy - if that what you call it :roll:

Have you ever seen any of George Logan’s work he is an amazing photographer !!
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.9ne ... 4e12356aa8
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive

Post by think positive »

wow!! amazing shots, i dont understand this kick starter thing, how do you buy the book? ive pegged his page, not just his wild life but his street photography is phenomenal! thanks for the tip, cheers
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

^ nah me either but we have bought one through https://shop.bornfree.org.uk/products/l ... e-the-fall

This guy is amazing too ( if you haven’t seen his stuff)
https://www.adriansteirn.com/index

My hubby was a photographer in his past live before he discovered his love of woodwork and making amazing furniture - still loves his camera though....
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive

Post by think positive »

thanks i just followed him.

yeah i love my camera, right after my kids!!! and im just so thirsty to learn as much as i can! cheers, a couple of brilliant artists i can study
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

My Collingwood face masks arrived today, purchased from a place in LA, delivered via England.

5 masks, 2 layers of cloth which includes the pouch to fit a PM 2.5 filter of which they also sent 5.

Keep those for doing the shopping.

Went for my walk this morning, busier than it has been. As usual I wore the Buff around the neck and as soon as people come near I lift it up to cover my face.

Got a smile from a few maskless joggers when they saw me pull it up as they got close. One woman saw me and called out from the other side of the street to "wear a mask", in response I just lifted the buff over my face and pointed to it, she waved and toddled off. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

mate i think it, but i dont say it! not worth getting a smack in the chops, i just think to my self "selfish %$^%$!"
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:mate i think it, but i dont say it! not worth getting a smack in the chops, i just think to my self "selfish %$^%$$%!"
I have no problems wearing a mask around people, I just think it's fkn stupid to wear it when I'm walking for exercise (therefore breathing hard) and there's no one within 50 metres of me.
think positive

Post by think positive »

oh i agree, i take a breather from mine too!
think positive

Post by think positive »

ooooh kayy!!! i just jogged around the block, with my bandana around my neck in case i needed to stop, and an old witch with 3 kids said "you should wear your bloody mask!" since im deaf i listened to it in my head a few times, but thats what she said! if i see her again ill give her a big HI THERE!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

You're allowed to not wear a mask when jogging.

Just yell back TWO THIRTY and keep jogging
think positive

Post by think positive »

Yeah planning on yelling back ‘learn the damn rules and don’t damn swear in front of your damn kids!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:Yeah planning on yelling back ‘learn the $$%^%%$ rules and don’t $$%^%%$ swear in front of your $$%^%%$ kids!
If you add at the end "you stupid fkn bogan biatch" you have it covered. :P :lol: 8) :wink: