Chinese imperialism and future Australian sovereignty

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote: Getting over the constant racist calls, I don’t hate Chinese people, I do hate China and the misery they have subjected the world to. I hate the callous way they allow animals to be treated. I also hate the US laws on many things, such as their wild animal policies, (and it may be that Tiger King has will now force changes) and those god awful people who damage horses legs to make them step up. And Australia for allowing jump racing despite the carnage. It’s not racism, it’s evil shit done by a country that happens to be a race that’s not the same as mine. I don’t hate muslins, I do hate isis. And I do hate Umpires ever $$%^%%$ colour they are .
Yep!! I do hate the Chinese people mainly the middle class and wealthy who are rapidly ensuring the extinction of so many species with their greed and “status” shite and the authorities who turn a blind eye to it! I understand that poverty may cause people to eat what we would consider repulsive and not acceptable- that doesn’t excuse the cruelty in any way!! I love the increasing number of Chinese people who are working their backsides off against the odds to improve animal welfare in their country. And you can extend that love and hate to every country including the USA and our own.
100%
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

A tiny snippet of internal insight:
The NYT wrote:The bellicose voices in Beijing have been subtly challenged by proponents of a more moderate approach, and the Chinese foreign ministry distanced itself from Mr. Hu’s comments on nuclear weapons. Despite the ill-will, both governments have pushed ahead with the partial deal to ease trade tensions.

“China is also highly polarized,” said Professor Zhu, the Nanjing University scholar.

“Some people just believe that there’s no way but to just fight back. But I don’t think so,” he said. China, he said, “needs to be very coolheaded.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/15/worl ... d-war.html

If I were younger, I'd move to China on a mission to help understand and translate what's going on there because our cluelessness on the subject is palpable. We would grasp a tenth of eff all about the place.
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Read some of Stan Grant's stuff about being posted over there, being under constant surveillance with the constant implied threat of what may happen if you published something the authorities didn't like.

No thanks.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

Last edited by pietillidie on Sat May 16, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Shush, you can't say that, I'm apparently a far right,woman hating, union bashing, puppy killing, cat shooting, racist, misogynist because I don't always vote Labor. :P :wink:
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Not the puppy please
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

stui magpie wrote:Shush, you can't say that, I'm apparently a far right,woman hating, union bashing, puppy killing, cat shooting, racist, misogynist because I don't always vote Labor. :P :wink:
As a goose stepping Nazi I sympathize :lol:
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

Wokko wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Shush, you can't say that, I'm apparently a far right,woman hating, union bashing, puppy killing, cat shooting, racist, misogynist because I don't always vote Labor. :P :wink:
You're just Ayn Rand's lost love child. :P
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

:oops: wrong thread
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

pietillidie wrote:
Wokko wrote:
You're just Ayn Rand's lost love child. :P
It's nice to be understood occasionally :lol:
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Nah, whether u vote ALP or not is neither here nor there. You might be right about the rest of it though
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

The USA complained that Israel was buying or selling something with China then this happens:

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/chine ... ort-628299
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman