So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Had a voucher for the atomic bar in Williamstown, the reviews were awful wasn't expecting much. Pleasantly surprised, entree of calamari on a really nice salad with lots of different flavours, main porterhouse, medium rare, melt in the mouth, lots of flavour, the best chips I've ever had, mushroom sauce for he, pepper for hubby, we shared, fabulous, sticky date for dessert was a bit bland, obviously not home made, and weirdly, had pink fairy floss on top, and what I thought was a chocolate bowl with ice cream and strawberries, lucky I tried to break the bowl with my fork, it was a ceramic bowl! Finished with a chai, actually had to leave my jeans undone all the way home! Won't need to eat tomorrow"
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

I love getting home and cooking up some garlic prawns. After a week of camp food it is sooo good.
I'll be off to my local butcher shortly to get a nice steak. The beers are cold, just need to load up the punting account and my first day of R n R is underway 8)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Mrs WPT made a dahl and a pumpkin & green bean curry with rice. They were doing this while making a beetroot relish and a tomato relish - replenishing cupboard stocks.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

Did a beef and vegetable casserole in the slow cooker, served with mashed spuds. Yum.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Had an amazing seafood platter at the port Arlington of club for lunch, didn't eat dinner and I'm still full! The oysters tasted fresh from the sea delish
Pi

Post by Pi »

Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

think positive wrote:Had an amazing seafood platter at the port Arlington of club for lunch, didn't eat dinner and I'm still full! The oysters tasted fresh from the sea delish
The people that process those oysters have their business about 1 minute from the Golf Club by car. I must go to the Golf Club for lunch some time - it sounds like it's good.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:
think positive wrote:Had an amazing seafood platter at the port Arlington of club for lunch, didn't eat dinner and I'm still full! The oysters tasted fresh from the sea delish
The people that process those oysters have their business about 1 minute from the Golf Club by car. I must go to the Golf Club for lunch some time - it sounds like it's good.
It's not bad. I joined up so I don't have to sign in anymore, we go there a fair bit. That and the pub in the Main Street.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Congratulations!
Skids

Post by Skids »

I'm throwing a pork roast in the weber tonight 8)
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^
Just put a rolled turkey thigh roast in the oven. 8) :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cheese and biscuits tonight, I'm tired.

A blue, a cheddar and a brie, couple of leftover lamb cutlets, some sliced radish, couple of chili pickles.
Skids

Post by Skids »

stui magpie wrote:Cheese and biscuits tonight, I'm tired.

A blue, a cheddar and a brie, couple of leftover lamb cutlets, some sliced radish, couple of chili pickles.
That sounds good!

Blue cheese is scrumbo, always have it up here at work.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

yeah, went down well washed down with a red. I like a blue, but also the cheddar and a soft either Brie or Camembert.

Just a quick scrounge in the fridge basically.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Very hungry tonight. Made chicken schnitzel, mashed spuds, ratatouille (onion, zuch, tomatoes, red capsicum & mushies), steamed broccoli & steamed green beans.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman