So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Hubby cremated some ribs, I had chicken
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Spinach quiche from a local bakery called Aviv's in Glenhuntly Road Elsternwick

https://www.zomato.com/melbourne/aviv-c ... ick/photos

They do the best bagels in Melbourne & their quiches & cakes are to die for (literally) :wink:

My wife's friend was given the quiche but she & her partner do not like eggs (FFS how can you not like eggs?).

So quiche & salads
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Shit food on-site :evil: just finished a 3 day shut and the 100 extra blokes must have eaten all the tucker. Food truck gets here tomorrow.

I had; a tin of sardines, qaurter of cold chicken, some celery and a muesli bar.

Friday night I'll get home and cook a nice steak and some jumbo tiger prawns on the barby 8)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I cooked creamed broccoli soup and roasted cauliflower and garlic soup today, (never knew roasted cauliflower tasted so good!) and I made pad Thai for dinner but with zoodles not noodles, came out reallygood! That's enough cooking this month!
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

WTF is a zoodle. :? Is that some new dog breed? Zoroastrian x Poodle?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:WTF is a zoodle. :? Is that some new dog breed? Zoroastrian x Poodle?
http://paleoleap.com/10-zoodle-recipes/

They are yummie dried a little, put in a hot fan forced oven with sea salt, pepper and sesame oil!
Last edited by think positive on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

""? Is it some new dog breed?
think positive

Post by think positive »

HAL wrote:""? Is it some new dog breed?
No such thing as new dog breeds, just deformed combinations of old ones
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:WTF is a zoodle. :? Is that some new dog breed? Zoroastrian x Poodle?
http://paleoleap.com/10-zoodle-recipes/

They are yummie dried a little, put in a hot fan forced oven with sea salt, pepper and sesame oil!
Gotcha, Zucchini noodles made with a spiralizer. I've done those but never thought to oven bake them, I just threw them in a pot of water like spaghetti.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

so after 70 min in the gym, a couple of hours of paperwork, and then 6 solid hours of power shopping around highpoint dropping a small fortune on some new threads and shoes etc, suitable for a city office for the eldest, no way i was cooking dinner! so i thought id try that roast a couple of you mentioned from coles, ready cooked. OMG that stuff is amazing! perfectly cooked, tasty, just added some dry fried chips, steamed veg and some pepper gravy. too easy!! cheers!
watt price tully

😄😄
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Baked potatoes with: grated cheese, tabouli salad, kidney beans with onion, tin tomatoes with cumin, sliced mushies, coleslaw & sweetcorn & Indian yoghurt. Easy-peasy & tasty.

Forgot to mention the rice custard for dessert 👍
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Steak, corn on the cob, baked potatoes and roast brussel sprouts. Add mushroom sauce to the steak. Yum
think positive

Post by think positive »

Ugh, one veg I just cannot eat, ****. Ugh, my mum used to cook veggies soft cos dad liked em that way. And god I hated those things! And we had to eat them or sit at the table allllll night. Ugh ugh UGHHH
watt price tully

think positive wrote:Ugh, one veg I just cannot eat, ****. Ugh, my mum used to cook veggies soft cos dad liked em that way. And god I hated those things! And we had to eat them or sit at the table allllll night. Ugh ugh UGHHH
I love 'em but not so much as a child.

We growing & eating broad beans atm. Yum, fresh broad beans - eaten raw or in salads