So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Wokko wrote:Chicken and Chorizo Paella, cooked it last night and has reheated nicely. Made too much for me and the girlfriend, so tonight it feeds everyone else :D
Sounds delicious. Isn't it just the three of you?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:Chicken and Chorizo Paella, cooked it last night and has reheated nicely. Made too much for me and the girlfriend, so tonight it feeds everyone else :D
There's been some changes in my life over the last 6 months, I'm a single dad and custodial parent of my daughter and the new girlfriend (who is Carlton supporter of all things :lol: ) has a son.

Alex (my daughter) had the Paella tonight and loved it, followed it up with an olive oil chocolate cake made with almond meal instead of flour. Served it last night with raspberries and double cream but left that stuff over at the GF house.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Are you asking about my Isn't it the three ?
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
There's been some changes in my life over the last 6 months, I'm a single dad and custodial parent of my daughter and the new girlfriend (who is Carlton supporter of all things :lol: ) has a son.

Alex (my daughter) had the Paella tonight and loved it, followed it up with an olive oil chocolate cake made with almond meal instead of flour. Served it last night with raspberries and double cream but left that stuff over at the GF house.
Ditch the girlfriend
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Leave him go, some men are slow learners and need to experience mistakes a few times before the lesson sticks. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

^ Don't be such a bitter and twisted grumpy old buggar! :P

Wokko you sound really happy with where you are in life now - enjoy!! 8)
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Culprit »

Prawn Pesto Linguine, easy meal and delicious.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Morrigu wrote:^ Don't be such a bitter and twisted grumpy old buggar! :P

Wokko you sound really happy with where you are in life now - enjoy!! 8)
Oi, I'm not bitter. :P

I'm going to do some pork chops with celeriac mash and the old girls choice of veges.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

stui magpie wrote:^

Leave him go, some men are slow learners and need to experience mistakes a few times before the lesson sticks. :wink:
Have to slay some dragons before getting the princess.

I assumed it was the Carlton support that offended. :lol:
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Wow. That sounds delicious, comfort food. I'm starving right now.

Got home too late from work 'effen busy again. Turkish mixed grill to make up for all the veges last week: 2 kebabs, 1 pattie, 1 lamb cutlet, 1 grill flamed pepper, 1 grilled large mushroom, a rice & lentil / onion dish, salad, & meat off the doner...health foods :D - I rode to spin class then home.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Did some mashed hawaiian sweet potatoes (white on the outside, purple on the inside) with lime juice and coconut milk, with some ham steaks and pineapple and veges.

The old girls verdict? "you can do that purple stuff again" :P
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Food on site very average this swing.

Had a bean salad and some carrot sticks..... hmmm.... beer :)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Did some mashed hawaiian sweet potatoes (white on the outside, purple on the inside) with lime juice and coconut milk, with some ham steaks and pineapple and veges.

The old girls verdict? "you can do that purple stuff again" :P
Hmm like the sound of that sweet potato, cheers, gunna try that!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
mandy

Post by mandy »

Wine.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

mandy wrote:Wine.
That too. Did I forget to methion that. :P :wink: