So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Really. I can't say "yes" or "no".
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

luvdids wrote:
stui magpie wrote:If you like Roast Beef and happen to be going past Woolworths, do yourself a favour and check out where they put the hot roast chickens on the stand. If there's a roast beef there, grab it and thank me later.
Yes! Discovered that a few weeks ago - so tender!

Last night for me was cashew & noodle Bhuja mix. Don't really do dinner lately.
Hope you washed the Bhuja mix down with a bottle of red.

But yeah, the roast beef is brilliant, very tender, just slice across the grain and it damn near falls apart in your mouth.

I'm having leftover BBQ meat and gonna cook some pasta to have on the side
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Cup of soup and toast - big fat rabbit from lunch which was num num!!!
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Just gunna try some Jalapeno Spam .... it looks like bits of mould in it.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Morrigu wrote:Cup of soup and toast - big fat rabbit from lunch which was num num!!!
Mum did kentucky fried rabbit a few times when I was a kid and before I'd ever tasted KFC. Hit the bunny with the cleaver, flour and crumb the pieces and fry them. Damn good.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:Cup of soup and toast - big fat rabbit from lunch which was num num!!!
Mum did kentucky fried rabbit a few times when I was a kid and before I'd ever tasted KFC. Hit the bunny with the cleaver, flour and crumb the pieces and fry them. Damn good.
:shock: I didn't eat rabbit - just felt like a big fat rabbit!

But I think you knew that :wink: :P
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Eldest is cooking tonight! Yay!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Mmmm smells so good, chicken and lots of garlic. Tonnes. Of garlic. I have no idea what it is but it's making me hungry!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

I'll guess, she's cooking chicken with garlic? :P
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:^

I'll guess, she's cooking chicken with garlic? :P
Hmm, didn't really taste the garlic in it, weird! Satay and coconut rice. I'm not a big rice eater but it was to die for! Better yet, it was a little late dished up, went to netball with junior, and by the time I got back hubby cleaned all the mess up (man she uses everything in the kitchen!) score!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

hah, love the "uses everything in the kitchen" comment.

Classic for the young home cook who watches too much TV cooking shows and doesn't have to do their own cleaning up.

When you're the one doing the cooking AND the washing up, you quickly learn how to keep shit simple. :wink:
think positive

Post by think positive »

Classic for the young home cook who watches too much TV cooking shows and doesn't have to do their own cleaning up.

When you're the one doing the cooking AND the washing up, you quickly learn how to keep shit simple. :wink:
Yeah I'm a real one pot girl!

1 drink too!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Tell me about it :roll: I'm a bit finicky about washing up, she misses too much but it's hard to complain

Last night the youngest made two cakes: One in three smaller "loave tins" yum lemon & raspberry cakes of hich two tins were for work & 1/2 of one for mrs WPT & me, & 1/2 for her boyfriend :roll: . Then another cake for work - a blueberry crumble cake - none for me FFS. I did the washing up & had cooked dinner - NQR this equation.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:

Tell me about it :roll: I'm a bit finicky about washing up, she misses too much but it's hard to complain

Last night the youngest made two cakes: One in three smaller "loave tins" yum lemon & raspberry cakes of hich two tins were for work & 1/2 of one for mrs WPT & me, & 1/2 for her boyfriend :roll: . Then another cake for work - a blueberry crumble cake - none for me FFS. I did the washing up & had cooked dinner - NQR this equation.
Damnstraight! I woulda kept the blueberry crumble for sure!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Chicken and Chorizo Paella, cooked it last night and has reheated nicely. Made too much for me and the girlfriend, so tonight it feeds everyone else :D