Post match. Pies down to Bulldogs. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

Maynard 113 AFL Fantasy points and 0.0 Player Ranking Points!
All We Can Be
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Had to be proud of the effort, but injuries killed our chance of victory. Still there was a lot to like. Our defence were terrific until our midfield ran out of legs and the Dogs were able to swarm our defensive stocks. Howe, in particular, has been a terrific pick up for us.

Sure, Cox had a bit of a stinker, but that was probably to be expected, given his stage of development. Crocker and Smith are both goers. Reckon if we'd been a bit more accurate in the first 3 quarters we could possibly have held on, but that was not to be.

If we'd simply lost the game, I would have said our season is not done yet, with several winnable games to come. However, given the injuries to Moore, Fasolo, Toovey and Adams, this may make it difficult to beat anybody.

Finally, at least no-one can blame today's loss on Bucks, as he clearly has the players playing a brave and courageous game. Like Bucks, I'm pissed off at the result today, but proud and impressed by our efforts.
sixpoints

Post by sixpoints »

Blah Bullfrogs.
Give us a last quarter with Moore, Fasolo, Toovey, Adams, (Elliott & Swan)and we would wipe the floor with them.
This is the last time they will beat us for a few years.
Ev5Magpies

Post by Ev5Magpies »

The_Staunton wrote:Any love for Jesse White going?
Thought his first half was quiet, but after half time he played a great game. Loving his physicality & play on instincts now.

Cloke will be gifted a return next week with all the injuries.
Ohhhh the premierships a cakewalk for the good old COLLINGWOOD
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

I'm not sure why all the doomsayer posters are here again saying we can't make finals. We were never going to make finals after our terrible start and really didn't deserve to. What we should be talking about, and thank goodness a lot of people can see this, is Collingwood's great effort today. Terribly undermanned, we kept at it and were not blown away. The young blokes are getting valuable time and games under their belts and they are playing with real aggression, passion and ability. I like the look of what's happening.

In any case, making finals was always a 50-50 in my book. I didn't think we'd be far off the mark and I reckon that might still be the case. It's all about finishing the season well and getting as many games as possible into Moore, DeGoey, Smith, Phillips, Cox and Maynard. Getting Sharenberg, Swanny and Ramsay back on the park won't hurt us either.

2017 and the next couple will see us in precisely the right position, provided Bucks's injury curse is put to rest.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

Ev5Magpies wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:Any love for Jesse White going?
Thought his first half was quiet, but after half time he played a great game. Loving his physicality & play on instincts now.

Cloke will be gifted a return next week with all the injuries.
I wondered because he's one of my main whipping boys

Today he looked confident in the second half, and showed real instinct

Was proud of his efforts today
We just got nutted at the clearances...
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

^ If Cloke does get a call up next week i pray that he doesn't shank it. He could unravel all we've been building with just one horrible shank. I'm worried!
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

I'm sorry but I don't get why most of you all are 'proud' and 'happy' with that prformance today. I thought we were terrible. Our skills were rubbish and we took every opportunity to turn the ball over going forward. This team is really hard to watch sometimes because they like to make it as difficult as possible for themselves.

We handball ourselves into a frenzy and cough it up far too often. Long kicks in hope falling in the arms of dog opponents and missing easy targets on the run. Yeah sure injuries didn't help but we didn't help ourselves either. That was hard to take especially after all the hard work from the previous 2 weeks. Expect a heap of changes for next week.
mandy

Post by mandy »

schuey07 wrote:
Cam wrote:We won the game but lost on the scoreboard.
This is so true. If not for the 4 players on the bench the game was ours.
Exactly. Could not be prouder of the boys today.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

WarrenerraW wrote:I'm sorry but I don't get why most of you all are 'proud' and 'happy' with that prformance today. I thought we were terrible. Our skills were rubbish and we took every opportunity to turn the ball over going forward. This team is really hard to watch sometimes because they like to make it as difficult as possible for themselves.

We handball ourselves into a frenzy and cough it up far too often. Long kicks in hope falling in the arms of dog opponents and missing easy targets on the run. Yeah sure injuries didn't help but we didn't help ourselves either. That was hard to take especially after all the hard work from the previous 2 weeks. Expect a heap of changes for next week.
You are right, we did make a lot of mistakes, but I am willing to let that slide as long as the team structure and style of play is strong and resilient which it now appears to be. Mistakes will slowly become less and less as experience and confidence grows which will come from a strong structure, game plan and results. I think the team will take a lot of confidence from this loss. I can see the forest for the trees here.

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Disappointing to lose a game we controlled for three quarters, but can't put this one on the players, being 4 and then 5 men down made a win almost impossible.

The big positive from this game is that we again won the midfield battle and defended well (Howe and Reid in particular were excellent).

The other takeaway is that, as expected, Cox is virtually useless against a good team defense. He doesn't clunk tough marks and also struggles to hold anything up the ground on the long lead.

We badly need Cloke playing to be a serious team. Unfortunately it looks as if his return will be too late for any finals chance.
Well done boys!
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by slangman »

- Side By Side -
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Although the effort was great I was really critical of our 2nd qtr. Basically that is what cost us. We had most of the play and only kicked 1.6

Howe may well be the answer to our transition probls from D50 and Crocker is going to be a player.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »