The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Post by 5150 »

This would be awesome, I'd like to see them start out with a bit of Smoke On The Water then bust into Fight for your Right by Beastie Boys.

Gunna need a lot of guitars and some good amps.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

While it's probably true that some players would be disappointed with their teammates, it's not an excuse for our really bad form, as the holes in our game plan were evident during the pre-season.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Culprit »

What'sinaname wrote:While it's probably true that some players would be disappointed with their teammates, it's not an excuse for our really bad form, as the holes in our game plan were evident during the pre-season.
Stop making sense and fan the flames. :P
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: [Rumor] Player Rift

Post by stui magpie »

Bucks2014 wrote:Dave how would the players know who tested positive? It is suppose to be confidential, Robbo would have named them if he knew.

Sorry can't buy it as the reason, we are serial offenders of playing bad. Last year was exactly the same, until finally showing some promise against Freo Hawthorn etc.
I reckon within the club the players would know those players likely to indulge in illicit drugs. A group of 40+ blokes aren't all going to be great mates with each other, cliques form, sometimes team mates actively hate each others guts.

That shit happens all the time at all clubs though, drawing the bow to claim that's the reason for our shit form though is a stretch.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

swoop42 wrote:DTM if your sources are nothing more than the faceless posters who inhabit social media like us then it will be purely conjecture on there part and nothing more.

If you know for a FACT they work for the club or have someone very close to them that does then there might something more to it.
So lot of members here work for the Club then?
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Culprit wrote:Gees talk about shooting the messenger (DTM) the rumour is going around and whilst the keyboard warriors can slam DTM one can suggest that it explains such the pathetic effort the players are putting in on the field. The other rumour is the players have been read the riot act this week. Rumours are full on at the moment. It's up to the players and coaches to sort it out.
Yep. Players are the only ones that can stop this talk.

I bloody hope they did get rid the Riot Act
I am Da Man
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

If I heard Ed on 360 correctly last night, it sounded like he said one player turned to him after getting off the plane in Sydney and feeling like he was a bikie under scrutiny.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, we want some Bayley!
Tezza23

Post by Tezza23 »

What'sinaname wrote:While it's probably true that some players would be disappointed with their teammates, it's not an excuse for our really bad form, as the holes in our game plan were evident during the pre-season.
Mate - you and I have worked in an organisation that regularly gets plenty of airtime in the media. When one of our colleagues got into trouble, We'd spend the time laughing about it not moping about and letting it get in the way of our performance. Do our players have the mental resilience of a 14 year old teenager ?
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

A whisper can be as simple as repeating something you and your mates have as an idea, or you read on bigfooty or you imagined. eg I heard a whisper that a certain elite player from a premiership club has been seen getting very friendly with the wife of another elite player from the same club.
Get back on top.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Treloar said the players are with Buckley and all, and Buckley was one of the key reasons he wanted to be a Pie.

I doubt there's a rift there, seemed to all be on the same page against the Tigers, even seemed that way in part against the Swans. I think whatever it is, it's not a "rift" it's something else they have to figure out.

And no amount of Robbo articles, or Bigfooty rumour spreading flogs will make me believe there's a rift there between them players or the coach.
themonk

Post by themonk »

woftam wrote:Sorry Dave, but the playing group looked pretty tight after the siren against the tigers.
end of story
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

All We Can Be
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Perhaps it would.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

themonk wrote:
woftam wrote:Sorry Dave, but the playing group looked pretty tight after the siren against the tigers.
end of story
Could the Players on the Other Side not Playing AFL :wink:
I am Da Man