The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Bucks2014

Re: [Rumor] Player Rift

Post by Bucks2014 »

Dave how would the players know who tested positive? It is suppose to be confidential, Robbo would have named them if he knew.

Sorry can't buy it as the reason, we are serial offenders of playing bad. Last year was exactly the same, until finally showing some promise against Freo Hawthorn etc.
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Dave, I think you might be reaching a but there. However, I would say that the fact that we had a high number of players allegedly test positive, (around 25% of out list) has the potential to create enormous speculation, friction and problems within in the playing group and the club.
woftam

Post by woftam »

Sorry Dave, but the playing group looked pretty tight after the siren against the tigers.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Dave where did you hear these whispers.
It sounds like nonsense to me.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

rand corp wrote:Dave, I think you might be reaching a but there. However, I would say that the fact that we had a high number of players allegedly test positive, (around 25% of out list) has the potential to create enormous speculation, friction and problems within in the playing group and the club.
That wasn't fact that, even Robbo has no idea as he's changed the total three times since the article was first released. Seems the figure is less than 10, and not as large as it was reported.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

A more likely explanation is that we are playing badly because these players took performance inhibiting not performance enhancing drugs. :roll:
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

And our performance inhibiting drugs of choice back in the day:
4n'20 pies, sausage rolls, hot dogs, dim sims, kebabs, polly waffles...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

Waste of a post really Dave!
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

DTM if your sources are nothing more than the faceless posters who inhabit social media like us then it will be purely conjecture on there part and nothing more.

If you know for a FACT they work for the club or have someone very close to them that does then there might something more to it.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

RudeBoy wrote:A more likely explanation is that we are playing badly because these players took performance inhibiting not performance enhancing drugs. :roll:
I hear our latest hair tests came back negative.

Yep they tested positive for a bad attitude.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Good post Dave

I think 10 minutes into the Sydney game it was evident we looked fractured

A split playing group is just another nail in the coffin for Bucks

He decimated a premiership list because they didn't like him, and has built one that is now fighting with each other.

Nobody could have dreamed up what an epic fail this has been, and how much damage has been done to the careers of so many players.
Already half a generation of Collingwood footballers have had to endure a sub standard football management environment.

Collingwood players are now being snapped up like flies, and the mounting evidence is that those who leave are better off - even those who didn't want to go.

It is going to be sickening watching Howe Sinclair and Greenwood stink it up again against Harry and BK, if that happens to eventuate.
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Culprit »

Gees talk about shooting the messenger (DTM) the rumour is going around and whilst the keyboard warriors can slam DTM one can suggest that it explains such the pathetic effort the players are putting in on the field. The other rumour is the players have been read the riot act this week. Rumours are full on at the moment. It's up to the players and coaches to sort it out.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Culprit wrote:Gees talk about shooting the messenger (DTM) the rumour is going around and whilst the keyboard warriors can slam DTM one can suggest that it explains such the pathetic effort the players are putting in on the field. The other rumour is the players have been read the riot act this week. Rumours are full on at the moment. It's up to the players and coaches to sort it out.
Think about it from the perspective of a clean skin pies player; you bust your arse all summer only to find out that some of your team mates have been dropping pingers while you're trying to drop skin folds.....enough to piss anyone off I'd think
Dangles

Post by Dangles »

:arrow: :idea:
Last edited by Dangles on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Culprit »

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Culprit wrote:Gees talk about shooting the messenger (DTM) the rumour is going around and whilst the keyboard warriors can slam DTM one can suggest that it explains such the pathetic effort the players are putting in on the field. The other rumour is the players have been read the riot act this week. Rumours are full on at the moment. It's up to the players and coaches to sort it out.
Think about it from the perspective of a clean skin pies player; you bust your arse all summer only to find out that some of your team mates have been dropping pingers while you're trying to drop skin folds.....enough to piss anyone off I'd think
Throw in after the media released the story, your a player and get calls from your family asking if you are one of the players that tested positive? You would be pissed off at those who were caught as they dragged you into the shite. I would say players are pissed at their team mates that's for sure.