Bucky's mid-week match ups for grand final clash

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Heath Buck

Bucky's mid-week match ups for grand final clash

Post by Heath Buck »

PART ONE:

Will Box Hill Hawk's fleet - footed mosquito brigade led by Brett Johnson, Steven Greene, Tim Clarke and Rick Ladson expose Williamstown's more seasoned on-ballers for genuine pace?

Or will The Seagulls strong-bodied kids led by Luke Shackleton, David King, Mark McGough and Beau Nixon assert their authority early by using their bulk and aggression to unsettle Box Hill's free flowing game plan?

These two questions plus a million more will be answered come 5pm on Sunday aftertoon when either Brad Gotch or Tony Liberatore hold the ultimate prize [ the premeirship cup ] aloft to their adoring fans.

These are my early Key Match-ups for this weeks big clash, which I believe will be pivital in the outcme of this match.

JOSH MAHONEY v MATTHEW BALL - Josh's form in the first half on Sunday was sensational. He not only set up numerous forward attacks - when he was able to roam free seemingly without an opponent - but he also kicked 3 first half goals. Ball has established himself as the premier tagger in the VFL. Has played on Mahoney previously and unfortunately Josh will not enjoy the same latitude as he did in the first half against Port Melbourne.

MARCUS BALDWIN v NICK STONE - Baldwin had one of his worst games for the year against the talented Nick Gill in last weeks preliminary final. However in the first final against Box Hill he was superb at full forward. Although he only booted 2 that day he set many more with his hard work rate and was one of the most important players on the ground. Baldwin beat Stone the last time they met but in the last couple of games Stone has hit some good form and will be keen to make amends in Sunday's grand final. Baldwin is a confidence player so it will be interesting to see how last weeks game has affected him. He needs to lift this week!

DAVID KING V STEVE KENNA - Nearly the most important contest this week. King [ in my view the player of the final series thus far] belted Kenna last time, and then last week against Aarron Davey proved that he could not only match him for pace but worked off him when Willy had the ball. Like Stone, Kenna has really hit some good form in the past fortnight to really boost his confidence coming into the big one. I love watching David King play and there is little doubt he will be playing regular games with the Collingwood next year. Look for Kenna to start the game up near half back\wing rather than in the traditional forward pocket to try and exploit King running the opposite direction to the Williamstown goals. King is a dynamic at running forward of the play.

Stay tuned for more key match-ups in the coming days in what proves to be an epic struggle between two brilliant football teams.

Bucky

STEREO 974 FOOTBALL

[/list][/b]
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

For those that don't know, Heath Buck was, last year, a featured player in Channel 7's reality football team The Hammerheads. Playing at full forward, Bucky was pivotal in The 'Heads premiership glory, playing in the WRFL Second Division competition.

Unfortunately, Channel 7 decided against continuing with this concept this year. A shame really, as it did seem quite popular.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Tank36

Post by Tank36 »

Go Seagulls! :

I also remember Bucky from his playing days in Werribee. Could play alright too.
Isn't he a Carlton and Werribee Supporter though?

Will Jimmy Hollow play considering Box Hill's pace in the guts.
I see he has been playing the last month in the seconds.

Go Seagulls!
Mick Gallus

GF match ups

Post by Mick Gallus »

Great work as always Bucky!!! Right on the money!!!!
With your brother being an assistant coach of Box Hill and you being a Werribee boy from way back. Is their any room for a fair go for the Williamstown boys????

I want to know also who will match up with the STEREO 974 boys on the dance floor at the Burbank oval after party.

Will Stats Guru David Bonnici belt out MUstang Sally again and challenge the hot dog honeys for the title of best Kareoke singer or will Rod Boyd be the smokey winner from the clouds?
Mick Gallus
Football Comentator
Stereo 974 (97.4FM)
Heath Buck

Post by Heath Buck »

I dare say Micky boy that as expected you are jumping out of your skin. How big is it going to be. Now that you are on holidays has your wife had to put you in a harness to keep you settled or are you taking sedatives?

Go boy Go!

I am trying to get some inside information outa my brother but I think Libba has gagged him. I don't think i wanna mess with Libba.

To tank36 unfortunately I am a suffering Carlton Supporter and after this year it has just been upgraded to a LONG suffering Carlton supporter. As far as this week goes I just want a great game of football.

Unfortunately I think Jimmy Hollow is going to struggle to push his way back in this week. But you never know if Holland and Betheras go up he might have chance. I hope he does because he is a really fine young player. I actually gave him three votes when the Seagulls played Tamania in Launceston for his great job on blanketing Tassie Captain Ben Beams. You never know tank with the strength and speed of Box Hill's midfield he might be brought in for a specific run with role.
Tank36

Post by Tank36 »

:D Cheers Bucky!

Fingers crossed little Jimmy gets in. He is a legend. Good bloke too.
Don't worry about the Blues mate. Give them the flick and join the army.

Go Seagulls!