So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I been a good boy today. Been busy working inside and outside.

Just made up a Broccoli salad and a sweet potato salad, gabbed some Greek salad while down the street and I've got an inch and a half thick Rib Eye on the bone I'm going to season up and cook for dinner.

Yum. :D :D

Watch the news, feed the dog and have a shower before getting dinner.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Sounds yum.

Since hubby didn't like my totally yum healthy offering last night, I made him a nice artery clogging sweet potato bake with a bottle of full fat cream, bacon and onion cooked in olive oil, mixed with French onion soup mix and tasty cheese, Los 3 chuvaps, and veg. (I ate last nights left overs) he came upstairs and said, tea was bloody fantastic, who cooked it?

And .................. I let it ride!

(And I've got him 95% on the hook for the trip I've just decided we are taking in May! Indi 500, Niagara falls and a cruise form Miami! zing!)
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

i LOL'd. :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

My friends own a cafe in Thailand. I went there tonight and decided for some Chicken and vegetables in oyster sauce with rice. Now i am not a fan of brocolli,Cauli, cabbage etc. But her Mum gave it to her off her farm in the boonies and they were so fresh. Thai food is so much better when eaten in Thailand. She gave me a big bag of fresh produce to take home so the girlfriend and her cousin who live with me are happy. for dessert I bought a kilo of rambutan for 3 dollars.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.

Post by 1061 »

I bought a pack of frozen fish from aldi last month and crumbed a piece tonight for dinner. Crumbed Fish, Rice and salad, the accompanying beer was the most expensive part of the meal LOL.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Had snapper fillets done on the cast iron griddle pan in lemon & pepper, mashed spuds mixed with mashed sweet spuds, ratatouille with home grown eggplant & steamed beans. Thank you Mrs WPT.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Making up a mexican style chicken, bean and bits and pieces salad.. Apart from the chicken and mixed beans got some fine dice mix of onion, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, jalapeno, thai birds eye chilli, avocado, celery with a dressing of olive oil and lime juice.

Spoon it into a tortilla and eat cold.

About to start knocking up some spag and meatballs using zuchini spaghetti. The meat balls were best before yesterday and I CBF freezing them to then defrost them tomorrow so I'll cook it up tonight. Between the two there's tonights dinner and a couple of days lunches when I go back to work.

Post by 1061 »

Made Bolognese in the slow cooker yesterday, don't like it done that way but I'll have some pasta with that and a few vegies.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Medium rare rib eye with spinach cream cheese and smoked salmon, tried not to eat the chips! Port Arlington golf course, can't wait to get home tomorrow!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Just went and bought a lamb roast from Ripper Roasts in Geelong. $22 fed 3 people and there are leftovers (only veges though, all the lamb is gone). Best fast food ever.
watt price tully

Made two vege curries tonight with steamed Basmati rice:

First one was curried chickpeas with spinach - a Jamie Oliver on line recipe.

The second one was curried cauliflower, with red lentils, green beans with carrots & light coconut milk.

Went down well.

Tomorrow a small green chicken curry for me & fish for the women of the household (days off for me today & tomorrow)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Shtity day so did some time in the kitchen.

For tonights dinner we have a choice of Thai Green Chicken curry, or braised steak in a creamy mushroom, onion and peppercorn sauce, served with mashed sweet potato and steamed greens.

Coupla days of tucker, leftovers in the freezer.
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

Oh dear.

FB has invaded the VPT.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Where did FB get invaded the VPT?
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:Shtity day so did some time in the kitchen.

For tonights dinner we have a choice of Thai Green Chicken curry, or braised steak in a creamy mushroom, onion and peppercorn sauce, served with mashed sweet potato and steamed greens.

Coupla days of tucker, leftovers in the freezer.
I made green chicken curry yesterday & took it to work. Both women in the household are vegetarians - they missed out.