Grand Final week news.

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Grand Final week news.

Post by Dale61 »

I would like to thank Marc Turri, Marketing Manager of the Williamstown Football Club, for emailing me with the following news.

Training for this week is as follows:
Wednesday from 5:30pm at Optus Oval
Friday from 5:30pm at Burbank Oval.

All Williamstown and Collingwood supporters are welcome to watch training.

For any of the WFC members, two supporters buses will depart Seagull's Nest from 10:30am for Optus Oval. Upon conclusion of the game the bus will drop passengers off at Seagull's Nest or Burbank Oval for the Grand Final Party. Cost is $7.00 per person. Bookings can be made with the Club on 93900611.

Match day details:
Seniors:
Williamstown vs Box Hill Hawks, 2:10pm start. Television coverage on ABC TV from 2:00pm and radio coverage on Stereo 974 (97.4FM) from 1:30pm.
Reserves:
Williamstown vs Northern Bullants, 11:00am start.
Venue: Optus Oval.

Post match: Regardless of whether we win, lose or draw, a Grand Final party will be held at Burbank Oval from 5:30pm to 1:00am. Cost is $10 per person and this includes a BBQ meal and salads. Speeches will commence at 8:30pm. Drinks will be sold at bar prices and again, all Williamstown and Collingwood supporters are welcome to attend. Marquees will be erected to ensure adequate cover should inclimate weather threaten. Entertainment will also be provided.

I thank both yourself and everyone at Nicks for your support throughout the 2003 season.

The last line shows that club management have been regular visitors to Nicks, and appreciate the fact that everyone has gotten behind the club and supported The Seagulls.

I would also like to take the time to thank everyone who has visited 'The Williamstown Factor'. I'm hoping for bigger and better things for this forum over the coming years as both the Williamstown and Collingwood Football Club's will continue their affiliation until 2008.

Let's see a huge crowd there on Sunday and help the club return to where it rightfully belongs - at the top.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Hogiebbear

Post by Hogiebbear »

Hey dude..... I was wondering if u know where I could buy a seagulls jumper from..... I kind of like the blue with yellow sash and I need another training jumper.....

Not that i'd ever trade the black and white stripes.... :)

--Bear
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

You could always try ringing Marc Turri at the club on 93900611 and see if he can help out. I know that merchandise is usually available at home games, but haven't actually seen any jumpers on sale, although I know they are available.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Gulls

Post by Gulls »

I got a Willy jumper from a knitting Mill in Yarraville who do most Western Region Team jumpers at reasonable prices:
They are "Sherwood Knitting Mills" Williamstown Road (or Francis Street) Yarraville don't know their phone number but you should find them in the White pages. I found they had various sizes of Willy Jumpers on the shelf mid season. Hope this helps!!!! :)
molloymagic

Post by molloymagic »

Is this optus oval the home ground of carlton?. I know its a silly question but having only been a to the mcg,colonial(or whatever its called now) and vic park,i'm not sure if its the same ground.

*i'll go back to learning the places of melbourne now :D*
Jarrod Molloy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Yeah, Optus Oval, aka Princes Park, is Carlton's home ground.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked