Prelim Final - W'town v Pt Melb

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Yobbo, who was man of the match? I had a bus to catch to get home so left pretty much straight after the final siren.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Is this another omen? The last time both Collingwood and Williamstown won senior flags was in 1990!
Must grab every straw..................:-)

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!
Dale61

Interested spectators

Post by Dale61 »

A couple of former foes, always the best of mates.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Man of the match was Sam Carnage!! One of the only Williamstown players!!
Davros

Post by Davros »

Last edited by Davros on Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WKB

Post by WKB »

luke mullins played for the Willi reserves and had a pretty good game.

Willi could do the double this year.
molloymagic

Post by molloymagic »

great report but i was wondering how do u go about getting to the game on sunday? cos i'm in melbourne for a few days and wouldn't mind actually seeing a grand final :D so any info would be great.
Jarrod Molloy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

The game is at Optus Oval, and being the VFL, just turn up on the day and get your ticket at the gate.

Ticket prices are $20 for adults, $16 for concession and pensioners, but don't know what a child's ticket is worth.

If you really want to make a day of it, several of the CFC rookies will be lining up with the reserves, which starts at 11.10 am. The seniors kick off at 2.10 pm.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
blackmissionary

Post by blackmissionary »

Talk about clutching at straws Lazza! You do know that Port Adelaide Magpies also won in 1990?
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

blackmissionary.... you're missing Lazza's point. Willy and Pies are 1, Port Adelaide have nothing to do with us

Davros, not a bad report there dude, sorry but going to criticise only a tiny section. The bit about Nixon being amongst the best after Betheras, Molloy, King, Holland and Neon. I thought Nixon struggled in his defensive role to be honest. Seemed to play loose off his man and conceeded a number of goals like this. IMO looks unlikely to progress to AFL level.

Agree with you re Holland, I don't think he was as good as the papers wrote but obviously did get plenty of the ball (30 touches) and kicked a couple.

Molloy IMO deserves more credit as he seemed to really work his butt off. His bullocking was noticable (rare this year) and he chased, tackled, laid shepherds, got 20 possies and kicked 3. Close to Cranage as BOG.

Shackleton IMO was handy. Came on in the 2nd qtr and was very physical in close with good hands. Sure looks like he needs to lose some fat around the thigh / belly area tho - in appearance looks like Dean Rioli's white brother.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

blackmissionary, I DO kinda remember watching Port win in 1990, on the Sunday after Collingwood's great flag win, with my extremely bad hangover!! And even supporting them!! NOT ANYMORE!

I reckon why not grab onto every straw we can, and yes Tessa, some that I look forward to grabbing this sat night may well have alcohol on the end of them as it is my birthday bash! Can't bloody wait.

What a wonderful & fantastic birthday pressie it would be for me if the mighty maggies win through to the GF!! PLEASE PIES!....:-)

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!