So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Bought Mum down to Melbourne today. Daughter and her BF are in the kitchen making devilled sausages, rice n veges.

Nice of them.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Got busy on the weekend, thought I'd make something different so I knocked up 2 salads I hadn't made before.

A Sweet potato salad with bacon, peas and spring onion and a light chilli mayo dressing and a Broccoli and lentil salad with spinach and garlic and a balamic and chili dressing.

Having leftovers for lunch today with some slices of cold BBQ beef. Yum
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

lunch: soft white hamburger roll (I don't eat white bread ever, and any rolls not often!) butter (don't use butter ever!) and pringles (ok if theres pringles who can say no to a couple!).

OMG tasted like heaven. im so bad, im so going to Hell!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

hah,

I'll take that over broccoli juice anyday.

But I still prefer a good steak.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:^

hah,

I'll take that over broccoli juice anyday.

But I still prefer a good steak.
You peeking?

Well it was green juice, and steak for dinner!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

so made up two different mexican chicken dishes tonight.

Dish No 1 Tabasco chicken with black beans and brown rice, sort of cooked like a risotto, comes up noice.

Dish no 2 Chicken with cannellini beans and capsicum, with quinoa and red rice mixed through.

Dinner tonight and lunch for the next couple of days.

Guess which one I followed a recipe and which one i made up as I was going along.
think positive

Post by think positive »

(the one you made up will taste the best, cos you cant replicate it!!)

got my new juicer and blender yesterday

so started a 7 day to raw detox

(ok so technically that morning coffee is a nono, but im only using a 5, and I may kill someone if I don't get it!)

green smoothie for brekky, and man it was smooooooth! fruit protein smoothie for 10am hit, and a raw mushroom and cashew soup smoothie for lunch, which was so good I had another for dinner! cranked up the juicer for 4pm hit, wow, way better than my old one. no leaks for one thing!! then mushroom soup and a tomato salad for dinner. not hungry, but gees I cant believe I sat through the SOA finale without a scotch! that's just not right.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:(the one you made up will taste the best, cos you cant replicate it!!)

got my new juicer and blender yesterday

so started a 7 day to raw detox

(ok so technically that morning coffee is a nono, but im only using a 5, and I may kill someone if I don't get it!)

green smoothie for brekky, and man it was smooooooth! fruit protein smoothie for 10am hit, and a raw mushroom and cashew soup smoothie for lunch, which was so good I had another for dinner! cranked up the juicer for 4pm hit, wow, way better than my old one. no leaks for one thing!! then mushroom soup and a tomato salad for dinner. not hungry, but gees I cant believe I sat through the SOA finale without a scotch! that's just not right.
So what is in a green smoothie? Spirulina? Cold over cooked broccoli? chlorophyll? Chloroform?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

Yesterday was kale (no stalks, that's what makes it bitter) lemon, mango

Today I had kale, beetroot, pear, and celery.

The secret is a blender that can really spin it into a fluffy, no stringy bits, concoction, my new one makes them as good as a boost juice. 1 cup cold filtered water, 4 kale leaves, 1 pear, 1 small raw beetroot, (chopped into about 2-3 cm pieces) and 2 stalks of celery, add in that order,

I was feeling a bit flat and bloated, and in 1 day, my skin looks brighter, and the muffin top is history! About to hit the bike track! Looks windy, but hey, life's a challenge!

(Don't mind people mocking my smoothies, I just show them my collection of obstacle race bibs! Didn't see too many 51 year olds running the 10klm section of the stampede last week! Or even the 5!)

Just saw a tshirt that has my name all over it!

I run. I'm as slow as a turtle stampeding through peanut butter, but I run!
Last edited by think positive on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Oh yeah, we were talking about to hit the bike track .
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:Yesterday was kale (no stalks, that's what makes it bitter) lemon, mango

Today I had kale, beetroot, pear, and celery.

The secret is a blender that can really spin it into a fluffy, no stringy bits, concoction, my new one makes them as good as a boost juice. 1 cup cold filtered water, 4 kale leaves, 1 pear, 1 small raw beetroot, (chopped into about 2-3 cm pieces) and 2 stalks of celery, add in that order,

I was feeling a bit flat and bloated, and in 1 day, my skin looks brighter, and the muffin top is history! About to hit the bike track! Looks windy, but hey, life's a challenge!

(Don't mind people mocking my smoothies, I just show them my collection of obstacle race bibs! Didn't see too many 51 year olds running the 10klm section of the stampede last week! Or even the 5!)

Just saw a tshirt that has my name all over it!

I run. I'm as slow as a turtle stampeding through peanut butter, but I run!
Thanks. What type of blender do you have?

I was thinking of getting one of those slow cold press juicers that are meant to preserve the "goodness" so to speak. I have a vitamizer, a bar stick, a food processor but the slow cold press might be the way to go.

I seriously need to eat less. I'm suffering from Bulimia minus the purging!!
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

Optimum 9400 blender and optimum 400 slow juicer. Google it and go to the froothie site, 5 year std warranty on both. And at the moment if you buy 2 things you get $50 off. That's the deal I got last week.

The juicer is brilliant, I've got a my juicy or something and its crap! Leaks and can't handle things like celery!

Cheers

(That's also where I got the 7 Days to raw plan)
But I can send you the PDFs if you pm me your email!
partypie

Post by partypie »

I have been a juicer for many decades and it is a great way to get some nutrients and keep the weight off especially if you are busy. Looking after my very sick brother meant I looked stuff up on Sandra Cabots websites from time to time. She says if cleaning juicer is a turnoff every day, make extra, and freeze in glass jars. Drink as soon as defrosted.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I got the Nutri Ninja IQ last weekend, still figuring out how to get best results.

http://www.ninjakitchen.com/nutri-ninja-auto-iq/

My logic is if you can pulverise the whole thing into liquid you keep the fibre that you throw away with a normal juicer.

My initial experiments indicate I need to add more water, but I'm making a hell of a margarita.
think positive

Post by think positive »

partypie wrote:I have been a juicer for many decades and it is a great way to get some nutrients and keep the weight off especially if you are busy. Looking after my very sick brother meant I looked stuff up on Sandra Cabots websites from time to time. She says if cleaning juicer is a turnoff every day, make extra, and freeze in glass jars. Drink as soon as defrosted.
I like that glass idea, bloody brilliant ta! Yeah the juicer is a pain to clean, so I generally make extra. The blender is easy. I'm using it 3-5 times a day ATM!

Thanks for the tip

Anyone else interested, have a look at the movie fat, sick, and nearly dead. Well worth a watch, oh and it's an Aussie guy, not a yank!