SAM CRANAGE - WORTH PICKING UP

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

JLC
Been liked: 1 time

SAM CRANAGE - WORTH PICKING UP

Post by JLC »

Watched the Willy game today and was very impressed with the game of Sam Cranage. Those people who watch Willy play every week, do they think that Cranage may get picked up by the pies or another afl club to be given another crack at afl ??

I was very impressed with another Port Melbourne player by the name of davie or davies i think (small aboriginal very quick). Do people think he will get drafted in the Afl ??

Could be similar to how Sam Mitchell got picked up last year by the Dorks

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
natkingcole

Cranage

Post by natkingcole »

Doubt very much that Cranage will get picked up, given that he has already had two goes at AFL footy (StKilda and Carlton). Davy, on the other hand will almost definitely get picked at, IMHO, probably at a third or fourth round pick up, but I suspect the Kangeroos would be frontrunners to pick him up.
foxy

Post by foxy »

i doubt either of them will get picked up.

cranage has had a lot of chances at AFL level and looks more suited to the slower-tempo of VFL level. much like mahoney in that respect.

davey has had big wraps all year but i doubt he'd do much at AFL level.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Aaron Davey won this year's Fothergill-Round medal. This is awarded to the VFL player most likely to get drafted to the AFL.

A bit of background - he played for Palmerston Magpies in Darwin and wanted to have a go at a higher level. Not sure of how he managed to sign with Port Melbourne, but with the Motlop brothers also being from Darwin, he has the support of other 'brothers'.

I heard an interesting piece of news regarding Sam Cranage recently, but am not at liberty to make it public at this point in time.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Nic

Post by Nic »

cranage kinda scares me when he has the ball. does some good stuff sometimes, tho.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Going by the way he was talking after the match he is happy playing VFL footy. But, I reckon, if given a chance to play AFL again he will jump, I really don't know how he will go in the AFL though. There were some good signs with some of the young Collingwood players, David King looked good. Molloy played well, same with Richo, and Betheras, someone needs to tell Phil on the ABC that it's "Betheras" not "Betherias" as he was calling him all day.
JLC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by JLC »

Personally i think Cranage would be a good pick up.

People should remember that LOKAN was playing Port Adelaide reserves last year. Im sure had we watched him last year many of us would not have tipped him to be drafted.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing ;)

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Foreverpies

Post by Foreverpies »

There's a big difference between VFL and AFL. I believe Cranna would be one of the best "VFL" players going around. When he played for the Blues, he was also good, but to small and got knocked out of contests to easily.

I can't see him getting picked up again and having spoken to him I don't think he really wants to.
blackmissionary

Post by blackmissionary »

You would think that 2 failed attempts at AFL level would be enough to put off pretty much any team from picking up Cranage. The same discussions have been done not just on Mahoney, but also players like Michael Frost (very good player for Werribee, ex Bulldogs).

As for Davey, seems like a good type, could turn into something reasonable, he's definitely no David King, but maybe better than an Andrew Shipp.