Qualifying final v BH - UPDATE

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

More QF pics.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
I_love_Clokey

Post by I_love_Clokey »

Well Done boys congartulations on the win, you all played excellent everyone is really proud of you, hopefully we can do it again against Port Melbourne or Tasmania in two weeks!!!
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

More QF pics.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

The last of the pics from the QF.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Davros

Post by Davros »

Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Answers to your questions, Davros:

1/. Yes, both grounds are the same. Situated on Williamstown Rd, Pt Melbourne. However, no point in going this week as the seniors have the week off and the reserves play Sandringham at Burbank Oval on Saturday.

2/. Yes, as long as they have qualified for the VFL finals series. This is a little confusing though. The way the qualification criteria reads is that if the senior partner, i.e. Collingwood, are still active then all players are eligible for Williamstwon selection. However, if Collingwood go out in straight sets then only those CFC listed players that have played seven VFL games can be selected for the Williamstown GF side. CFC listed players that have played for Williamstown at any stage that have not met this criteria are Leon, Molly, Presti, Cole, McKee & Holland. (I think that's it.) All up, 19 CFC listed players have qualified.

3/. No. Marcus was once listed with Geelong, but never for the Pies. If he nominates for the draft, then he will be available for selection to all 16 AFL teams.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Gulls

Post by Gulls »

Dale,

According to the TXU/VFL Record two weeks ago, Leon Davis is eligible to play for Williamstown in the finals if CFC not playing.

Another interesting item to consider for the Preliminary Final - what would happen if Tasmania win this week, considering the VFL deem that they attract a large crowd and have given them a final in Tasmania. Will this mean once again Williamstown is going to be shunted off to another ground to play a game that we deserve to have at home or in Victoria. Interesting, maybe we may have to convince theVFL that Williamstown / Collingwood can generate a crowd greater than 5000, as this appears to be their argument for sending Port Melbourne down to Tassie this week.

Interested to hear from you or any one else on this subject :!:
molloymagic

Post by molloymagic »

I was apart of the Tassie crowd :D that saw the devils beat the cats :D I think its unfair that port have to travel to play but hey footy is weird.

If i arrive back in time,i'll pop down to see Tassie play sunday haa haa,going to have a footy full weekend. Fly to see the pies win in melbourne then back home in time to see tassie play.
Jarrod Molloy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Yes Gulls, u r correct. I was trying to use examples by running through the playing list in my head. Leon is eligible for the finals, and for my error I stand corrected.

Tasmania won the right to host the first final against Geelong, but only the VFL know why they now host Port.

The Prelim will be at TEAC Oval (aka North Port Oval and Port Melbourne Cricket Ground). If Tassie do beat Port, and the VFL deem it worthy to play the Will v Tas in Tasmania, I hope they are going to provide the necessary transport arrangements for those of us booked on the Williamstown Supporters bus.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
molloymagic

Post by molloymagic »

I reckon u williamstown supporters won;t have to worry as tassie if they win,will probably have to play in victoria, tho would make a nice change watching some of the senior pie players play here in the williamtown side :D and besides bellerive oval and york park r much better grounds than nth hobart oval is,in my opinion anyway.

*GO WILLIAMSTOWN*!!!!!!!. *Go Tassie* :P
Jarrod Molloy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
I_love_Clokey

Post by I_love_Clokey »

Great job with the pictures they look really good espicially the first one of Cam Cloke what a cutie!!!