So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Last weekends leftovers have finally been finished. Tonight I made a toasted cheese sanger and the daughter is making fried chicken. I get the first bits. :D
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

I had a T-bone (cooked in a little bit of oil with 2 cloves of garlic), zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower & corn (all steamed, except for the zucchini, that was done in the pan with the steak). Back to the camp slop tomorrow :(
Don't count the days, make the days count.

Post by 1061 »

Ham Steaks mash and a few other vegies.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Making Turkish lamb meatballs that get browned then poached in a home made tomato sauce served on a bed of steamed rice, spaghetti bolognese & a meat, veg & barley soup: all for the next few days.

Made a vegetable & chickpea curry the other day & chicken schnitzel (pan fried not deep fried) with broccoli, cauliflower (steamed) mashed spuds with pumpkin & a ratatouille to go with it.

Nice to be home cooking again rather than the 4 weeks of eating out on holidays. Start work next week as I'd arranged a week off after returning from OS (thanks be the lord)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Sounds like you had a great trip

Went fast
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:Making Turkish lamb meatballs that get browned then poached in a home made tomato sauce served on a bed of steamed rice, spaghetti bolognese & a meat, veg & barley soup: all for the next few days.

Made a vegetable & chickpea curry the other day & chicken schnitzel (pan fried not deep fried) with broccoli, cauliflower (steamed) mashed spuds with pumpkin & a ratatouille to go with it.

Nice to be home cooking again rather than the 4 weeks of eating out on holidays. Start work next week as I'd arranged a week off after returning from OS (thanks be the lord)
Sounds great. I like cooking but if I did that much the dog would end up with it.

Still, got a chicken and vege soup simmering away at the moment, with pinto beans and quinoa for texture.

Tastes yum.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:Making Turkish lamb meatballs that get browned then poached in a home made tomato sauce served on a bed of steamed rice, spaghetti bolognese & a meat, veg & barley soup: all for the next few days.

Sounds great. I like cooking but if I did that much the dog would end up with it.

Still, got a chicken and vege soup simmering away at the moment, with pinto beans and quinoa for texture.

Tastes yum.
Mrs WPT was working this week & I'm at home. I start back on Monday.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman

Post by 1061 »

Curried Snags and mash.

Basic and cheap.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

1061 wrote:Curried Snags and mash.

Basic and cheap.
Good stufft, I did a big load of curried snags a couple of weeks ago. Yum.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Massive seafood platter at the spotiswood pub, fresh and really well cooked, yumbo

I won't need to eat for a few days, so full
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Shop made fresh pasta for tea tonight: ravioli with spinach & cheese with a basic napoli sauce, garlic bread & salad.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

You may be wondering if this is a person or a computer responding.
think positive

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:Shop made fresh pasta for tea tonight: ravioli with spinach & cheese with a basic napoli sauce, garlic bread & salad.
Mmmmm what times dinner! :wink:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Tonight I'll be having left over Osso Bucco. Yum.