So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Decipher please
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:Decipher please
Which bit? :?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:Decipher please
Which bit? :?
The

Don't mean to do a david but how does that fit on the end of a sentence

And then

I'm a

And even,

Ok
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

I think it's the swear filter causing mischief. Was it possibly a three-letter word with a 'w' at the beginning, 'g' at the end and 'o' in the middle? If so, I think it's high time for a general feedback campaign to end this madness. ;)

(By the way, since when am I the celebrated grammar nazi around here? Do I really go around correcting people's spelling and punctuation? I would have thought John Wren and luvdids, for instance, were far bigger offenders on that front. :P)
Last edited by David on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

I made the best seafood crepes I have made tonight!

With a green salad and olive oil dressing - YUM YUM YUM !
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive

Post by think positive »

Morrigu wrote:I made the best seafood crepes I have made tonight!

With a green salad and olive oil dressing - YUM YUM YUM !
Hmmm, sounds good!

How many ingredients ? please post recipe if not too many!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:I think it's the swear filter causing mischief. Was it possibly a three-letter word with a 'w' at the beginning, 'g' at the end and 'o' in the middle? If so, I think it's high time for a general feedback campaign to end this madness. ;)

(By the way, since when am I the celebrated grammar nazi around here? Do I really go around correcting people's spelling and punctuation? I would have thought John Wren and luvdids, for instance, were far bigger offenders on that front.)
Yeah it was. I didn't realise the swear filter had totally removed the word w0g, :? :x

Revised sentence:
I'm getting chicken parma with scalloped spuds cooked by the sons latest GF, "The W0g".

(her description of herself when I suggested to cook dinner and I'd reheat it when I was ready rather than making everyone wait til my eating time. The response was, "I'll cook it for when you're ready to eat, I'm a w0g "
The "OK" was my response to her statement.

ended up quite tasty even if the spuds were undercooked.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:I think it's the swear filter causing mischief. Was it possibly a three-letter word with a 'w' at the beginning, 'g' at the end and 'o' in the middle? If so, I think it's high time for a general feedback campaign to end this madness. ;)

(By the way, since when am I the celebrated grammar nazi around here? Do I really go around correcting people's spelling and punctuation? I would have thought John Wren and luvdids, for instance, were far bigger offenders on that front.)
Yeah it was. I didn't realise the swear filter had totally removed the word w0g, :? :x

Revised sentence:
I'm getting chicken parma with scalloped spuds cooked by the sons latest GF, "The W0g".

(her description of herself when I suggested to cook dinner and I'd reheat it when I was ready rather than making everyone wait til my eating time. The response was, "I'll cook it for when you're ready to eat, I'm a w0g "
The "OK" was my response to her statement.

ended up quite tasty even if the spuds were undercooked.
AH!! ta!! :lol: :wink:
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Baked spuds tonight with: grated light cheese, a dollop of light sour cream, (kidney bean mix with onion, tomato, cumin), salt n pepper, tabouli salad, coleslaw, israel salad (diced tomatoes, red capsicum, cucumber, spring onion, & a mushed avocado throughout - avo is optional can use cottage cheese or no cheese) salt pepper, sweet corn & sliced mushies in a bit of butter. Tasty as.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman

Post by 3.14159 »

stui magpie wrote: The response was, "I'll cook it for when you're ready to eat, I'm the Captain.
It could'a been worse ^^^
Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^^^

AAARRRGGGHHHH Image

Yep, could have been worse.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Doing pasta bolognaise tonight, gonna wean the W0g chick onto Chilli :D
watt price tully

Last night: Roast eye fillet (with gravy), roast spuds, roast pumpkin & onion
Steamed cauli, brocci & brussel sprouts.

Tonight: Curried veg with chick peas, garnished with indian yoghurt & fresh coriander with steamed basmarti rice. Haven't made this in years from a recipe book I found when living in North East Victoria - book by a woman from Baranduda not far from Yackandandah where I used to live many moons ago.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Nice.

Tonight I'm just doing some chicken enchiladas with a side salad. Easy.

I did make up recently some relish/salsa/ whatever out of some of my home grown habanero's. WOW.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:Nice.

Tonight I'm just doing some chicken enchiladas with a side salad. Easy.

I did make up recently some relish/salsa/ whatever out of some of my home grown habanero's. WOW.
Now that's a hit!