So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:Son and missus (latest version) came over for dinner.

Steak, Scalloped potatoes with bacon, cheese and garlic, steamed broccoli, carrots, peas, zucchini and corn on the cob.

Full as a fat woman's sock.
Nice one.

Your son sure works fast!

We had chicken schnitzel with steamed veg & our version of a ratatouille. Problem is I can't resist eating the schnitzels -needs to be shallow pan fried

Tonight: fried rice with brown rice & lots of chopped up veg: onion, carrot, capsicum, snow or sugar peas, corn kernels, zucchini, bean shoots & baby bok choy or something similar (using tamari sauce & sesame oil).

Basically stir fry the vege's add a chopped up plain omlette & some bacon then add the stamed brown rice.

What are other people doing for tea tonight?
Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote: Nice one.

He does. He seems to have difficulty coping being single and has em queued up. Give him credit, he's monogamous when he pulls the next cab off the rank, and they tend to last a while, but I'm concerned at the mentaility I've observed among young (17-21) females. It's like a modern version of a 1950's style relationship.

They have no interest in working, so they latch onto a bloke as a life support system for a wallet. They satisfy the basic needs, cooking cleaning sex (in various degrees of competency) and in return they control the money, get what they want and resort to childish behaviour when told "No". :?

By no means all are like this, but it's a disturbing trend. Probably wrong thread though :P

So last night I cooked up a version of Spag Bol, with cajun seasoning, zucchini, mushrooms and bacon plus BBQ sauce. taste sensation. :D

I've got 4 of them coming over shortly to inhale leftovers. The son and the latest, daughter and her potential BF. (just taking it slow)

I'm having steak, chilli beans and garlic bread.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

I was slack tonight. My wife is on a unusal diet all protein for a few days -so she had meat & no veg & my daughter went out for tea so I got a takeaway pizza.

Nostralis vegetarian pizza:

A Nostralis Special : Tomato, Cheese, Bean Shoots, Capsicum, Onion,
Olives, Soya Beans, Pineapple, Chilli, Garlic & Herbs on a wholemeal base.
(copied from their online menu)!
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote: Nice one.

He does. He seems to have difficulty coping being single and has em queued up. Give him credit, he's monogamous when he pulls the next cab off the rank, and they tend to last a while, but I'm concerned at the mentaility I've observed among young (17-21) females. It's like a modern version of a 1950's style relationship.

They have no interest in working, so they latch onto a bloke as a life support system for a wallet. They satisfy the basic needs, cooking cleaning sex (in various degrees of competency) and in return they control the money, get what they want and resort to childish behaviour when told "No". :?

By no means all are like this, but it's a disturbing trend. Probably wrong thread thou

Ok I could bite, but I'll be here all night, and with only 200g to my ideal weight, I don't want to swallow that much alcohol!

I'll give damn 50s woman!

How about Taliban men!

Screwaroundtil they are ready to settle, and then find a virgin, who works 50 hours a week, keeps the house like, well me, and cooks like, well not me! And has sex like a pro!

Thanks for the inspiration, I'm about to kill my treadmill!!,

:wink: :wink:
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

LOL,

The boys in these cases are hardly Taliban husbands, they're purely a life support system for a wallet that has a stomach and a penis.

These chicks are skilled manipulators.

Like I said though, I'm by no means generalising and tagging all or even a large number of young girls with the same brush, but it's definitely a disturbing trend.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

I had fish and chips tonight as I do every Friday night :)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆

Post by 5150 »

watt price tully wrote:DP
Sometimes that can be quite filling... :oops:
watt price tully

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

Infinite respect to any woman (or man!) who can do that. :shock:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Today's dinner will be:

yoghurt and polenta chicken, with Orange and Rocket salad.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What time is it there?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Last night was a lamb roast with Garlic and Rosemary, roast spuds and pumpkin, corn on the cob and steamed beans, peas, carrot, zucchini and broccoli.

Tonight's dinner is leftovers. :P
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Really. a lamb roast with Garlic and Rosemary roast spuds and pumpkin corn on the cob and steamed beans peas carrot zucchini and broccoli might have been.
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

nicest Lean Cuisine ever - Creamy chicken & basil with spaghetti.
So much flavour, so few calories :)
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cooking a chicken and vege curry tonight. Sone and +1 not coming over, daughter be home shortly to eat then she has an overnight shift for work, I'll have some peace and quiet and plenty of leftovers to feed everyone tomorrow with no effort. :D