So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

cringing at the amount of "noice" being said in this thread!

Post by 3.14159 »

think positive wrote:
And he bought scotch, just Johnny though- still needs more training!
Wash his mouth-out with Jamieson!

I'm eating the last of the Red-Fin i caught yesterdae

Choice. :P
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

2 nights ago youngest made oven baked salmon in lemon & pepper then flaked into a pasta sauce with thin spaghetti, a hint of finely diced red onion & cut asparagus & fresh cut dill served with fresh grated parmesan. Delicious.

Last night had tiny lamb cutlets on the sizzle plate done in a marinade of tamari, a bit of the indonesian soy manis or something, oregano, bit of lemon juice & served with mashed potato & pumpkin mix, ratatouille (bits of red capscium, zucchini, tomatoes, beans, mushies mixed), & bits of steamed broccoli with steamed cauli).
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Last night made a Thai Beef Salad for the first time - yummy.

If you leave the beef & sauce out of it the salad is remarkably simillar to a Lebanese Fatoosh - both amazingly fresh, zingy, & delightful.

Whole bunches of chopped: Coriander, basil, lettuce leaves, mint with thinly sliced cucumber, red onion, tomatoes,

Take out basil for the fatoosh & add parsley / dill & thinly sliced radish for the fatoosh

Different sauces. A taste explosion yummee

Tonight - slow cooked lamb roast on the new cast iron oven dish
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Looks like you are being well looked after WPT!
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Interesting comparsion.
watt price tully

Last night my youngest made: Stuffed roast eggplant (minced lamb, pine nuts, the roast eggplant flesh, herbs & spices with a chick pea salad & a fatoosh salad.

Tonight I've made Turkish lamb meatballs (kofte) that are poached (after they've been browned) in a tomato sauce. (minced lamb, grated onion, chopped mint & parsley, fresh breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, allspice, salt & pepper).

Served with steamed rice with a garden salad.
Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Noice,

I'm making chicken caesar salad.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Sounds great on a summers day.
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

Need to go buy a suitcase. So whilst I'm out, I'm going to get a kebab!
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

just made my version of pizza.

wholemeal pita bread, bit of pizza sauce, mushrooms, baby spinach chopped up, tomatos, mint chopped up, 1/2 jalapeno, 4 marcro roasted vegetables, Split Pea & Spinach Bites halved, feta and boccincini. Baked in a fan forced oven on 200 for 15 minutes.

YUMMMMMMM
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Just as an aside... Why is it that on 90% of occasions when a positive adjective is used by either Australian TV cooks or Australian radio restaurant reviewers do they choose the word "beautiful". Not only that, they all always seem to like accentuating the "U" and say it as beaU-tiful.

They all do it. Drives me mad it does.

There are plenty of other words out there which can be used to describe a meal or an ingredient.

Thankfully, Ramsay, Lawson, Oliver, Blumenthal, Fearnley-Whittingstall, Martin, Worrall-Thompson, Carluccio, Stein and Smith have wider vocabulary.

Also, speaking of restaurant critics... vale Michael Winner (who, although is most well know for his work in film, spent his later years writing a flamboyantly fantastic weekly restaurant review for the London Sunday Times). Condolences to his wife Geraldine as well as the rest of his family.
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

That's bewdiful maaaate. 8) :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

stui magpie wrote:^

That's bewdiful maaaate. 8) :lol:
That reminds me that my 4 year old grand daughter has just learnt that we live in (her words) STRAYA Gotta love her!
OEP

Post by OEP »

Sticky chilli chicken and rice for dinner tonight :D
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.