GB Medal votes. Pies v. Weagles.

Voting for the Gavin Brown Medal here

Moderators: David, bbmods

Tannin

Post by Tannin »

A genuine team effort with many very good players, and no stand-outs other than -

5: Beams.

For the others, any of about 10, with the other 6 stiff to miss. So I'll just take moments and attach them to players.

4: Jolly - a tireless performance rucking solo against the most deadly ruck combination in the business. A tremendous game from the tired old warrior - who is still a force to be reckoned with.
3: Cloke - not so much for his marking or his tackling, and not for his 5 goals either. Nope, votes for Cloke because of his two outstanding long, difficult kicks for goal from around 50 and hard on the boundary. No-one could expect anyone less skilled than an Alan Didak to slot both shots from there, but Cloke drilled them through the middle the way I drill a fork through a sausage on a plate.
2: Wellingham: did more than met the eye, but his three or four strong contested marks from awkward situations were telling.
1: Elliot. Who could forget his astonishing marking in the last quarter? Or his cyclone-style tackling? Or his relentless running to make space and provide an option?

Did I mention Swan? No? Oh bugger it, let the votes stand. Swanny isn't the only one stiff to miss.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
35forever

Post by 35forever »

5. Beams
4. Swan
3. Harry
2. Maxwell
1. Elliot
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010