So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

All? Are we in the same category? Not right now, maybe later.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

You're invited Anne but I'm not going to be there. Going to the footy on Friday night with my oldest daughter.

I think we're going to the Vietnamese Pho (rice noodle soup) shop in Russell St near Lonsdale for dinner though. Sliced chicken soup, They also have beef "pizzle" Pho - I'm not game to try it. :lol:

They also give you a side serving of bean shoots, lemon slices, red chilies - sliced, and Vietnamese mint and or Thai / Vietnamese basil to add to the soup (if you want with the now customary boiling thermos of tea).
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Cooking Chili.

Gone a bit different this time, lobbed in some mushrooms. Lots of garlic, lots of Chili, just the smell of it simmering was giving the Captain a coughing fit. :P :lol:

Little taste test before :shock:

Might need a tad more salt and cummin.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
mandy

Post by mandy »

Pizza.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

mandy wrote:Pizza.
same here
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Hubby cooked fish, not bad!

And he bought scotch, just Johnny though- still needs more training!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
4pies

Post by 4pies »

a nice piece of topside with a pocket of seasoning in it, roast spuds, roasted home grown pumpkin,peas and my wicked gravy
ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Since the Son moved out and took the waste of space he's engaged to with him, I can actually cook food I like :D

The daughter is working weird hours and is in a grazing pattern so no point trying to do sit down meals, it's about convenience.

last night I put some snags in puff pastry with cheese and sauce and baked em. Noice.

Tonight it's fresh gourmet pizzas cooked at home with a side salad. Leftovers she can grab and snack on. Plus still got some leftovers from Sundays's roast beef for sangers for work.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Since the Son moved out and took the waste of space he's engaged to with him, I can actually cook food I like :D

The daughter is working weird hours and is in a grazing pattern so no point trying to do sit down meals, it's about convenience.

last night I put some snags in puff pastry with cheese and sauce and baked em. Noice.

Tonight it's fresh gourmet pizzas cooked at home with a side salad. Leftovers she can grab and snack on. Plus still got some leftovers from Sundays's roast beef for sangers for work.
loving that DIL??

hubbies pie shit, whats that, mince with potato on top??
at least i didnt have to cook!!

tomorrow, i begin the spring body count down!! lots of glowing green smoothie!!

(the pizza souns good, the sausages, in pastry, eww!!)
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Kofte Masala (home made)
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
watt price tully

Snags (butcher made, noice ones), mashed potato & pumpkin, ratatouille, (tomato, capsicum, mushies, green beans, zucch's) & steamed cauli & broccoli. Quick, easy & yummy.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
mandy

Post by mandy »

Last night was this:

#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
watt price tully

^ Masterchef. 8)

Tonight, local pub as my youngest went out (finished her last exam for first semester & now has a few weeks off). Dropped her & one for her frineds off at Carlisle street Balaclava.

Mrs WPT & I went to the Balaclava Hotel (Ladies lounge - sorry Bistro) they have steak night on Wednesdays $15 for a Porterhouse (char-grilled medium rare), chips & salad, downed with a light beer. Wood fire.

Very noice.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Crap day to go out so I made a pot of soup.

Dunno what kind you'd call it, I simmered some bacon bones for a couple of hours then threw in onion, celery, carrot, leek, sweet potato and corn plus a small handful of rice. Seasoned with salt and Cayenne pepper.

Simmered for a couple of hours then took the lid off and let it reduce for a couple more.

See what it tastes like a bit later.
sq3

Post by sq3 »

Home made - Chicken Wings (chilli, ginger, garlic, light soy) and Special Fried Rice.
Coaches give you direction but skills win you matches.