Football media (press / radio / commentators et al)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Greening gold wrote:[You didn't live in Tasmania in the 80s and so were spared Neville Oliver or, as he was known down there. "Fart in a Bath".

In case you're wondering, just say his name quickly putting the same emphasis on each syllable - you'll get it.
That is very funny! :lol:
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

MagpieBat wrote:On the flip side, who are our BEST commentators? As much as I love the VFL, Peter Donegan is wasted at that level. Well read and across the detail of the game, never forgets a player's name, and has a sense of humour that makes ABC football coverage the best, an ironic twinkle in the eye, ratrher than the fart and d!ck jokes that other commentators make. And he is one of us! :D
Absolutely spot on. Peter Donegan (not to be confused with that ABC radio knob with the skull face - Dan Lonergan - if you don't believe me see below) is all class.

I second that about Sandy Roberts, and I don't mind Drew Morphett (a former Sydneysider who has well and truly adopted Melbourne).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Listening to Tom Harley offering comments on the Geelong game. Has anyone got a thinner sounding voice than him? Speaks too fast without any gravitas. He's also got a skull face!

And please don't get me started on how those McLachlan brothers get gigs with Seven and the AFL. What's Hamish's footy background? What the hell did Dillon ever do? Silly question, Adrian Anderson proves you don't have to have any links with real footy to get a gig at the AFL. :P :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Harley was a pig last night. Was so wrapt up in his former coach - was very disappointed in him.
The rest of the turds I expected nothing less from
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

MJ23 wrote:Harley was a pig last night. Was so wrapt up in his former coach - was very disappointed in him.
Harley is Anti-Collingwood to the core.

I watched the replay this morning and he had nothing good to say about us. It was almost as if we were the losing side last night with the way he acted.

Not surprised though considering the majority of the media hates us.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Didaicos

Post by Didaicos »

For all the crap Eddie used to get about his bias, at least he was honest. Most of these knob jockeys when accused will go on about how impartial they are. I remember that pig Dunstall a few years ago on radio admit he "hates us" but then say "I could show you several examples where I praised Collingwood" this was an utter bold faced lie.
WELLLINGHAM ROVES IT....AND KICKS THE GOAL!!!!

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:
MJ23 wrote:Harley was a pig last night. Was so wrapt up in his former coach - was very disappointed in him.

I watched the replay this morning and he had nothing good to say about us. It was almost as if we were the losing side last night with the way he acted.

Sound gay to me.( not that there is anything wrong with that, Jerry)

Nearly ran him over a few weeks back when he ran across a busy road in Geelong, how many points would that have got me? Buggar
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

God i thought bruce was bad. That Hamish guy from 7 how he gets a job . Basil Zempalis he said essendon lost to carlton how did these 2 get jobs as commentators.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Didn't he just win some bullshit Aussie tv award?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Magpie Jack

Post by Magpie Jack »

The Channel 7 commentary team is pushing me closer and closer to pay TV. Bruce with his ridiculous, meaningless stats. Notice how the only stat he didn't come up with on Friday night was the free kick tally. Wonder why they didn't mention that one?
Bob Rose....the measuring stick of humanity
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Magpie Jack wrote:The Channel 7 commentary team is pushing me closer and closer to pay TV. Bruce with his ridiculous, meaningless stats. Notice how the only stat he didn't come up with on Friday night was the free kick tally. Wonder why they didn't mention that one?
Mate, Foxtel still get the 7 commentators unfortunately. So, our games was telecast on both 7 and Fox Footy. The only difference was that 7 go to an ad whereas Fox Footy show replays after a goal is kicked.

Use your cash on something else.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Sound gay to me.( not that there is anything wrong with that, Jerry)

Nearly ran him over a few weeks back when he ran across a busy road in Geelong, how many points would that have got me? Buggar
I nearly ran over Sam Newman in Church Street Brighton once. True story. :lol:
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

GreekLunatic wrote:God i thought bruce was bad. That Hamish guy from 7 how he gets a job . Basil Zempalis he said essendon lost to carlton how did these 2 get jobs as commentators.
They own pictures. :P
Magpie Jack

Post by Magpie Jack »

What'sinaname wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:The Channel 7 commentary team is pushing me closer and closer to pay TV. Bruce with his ridiculous, meaningless stats. Notice how the only stat he didn't come up with on Friday night was the free kick tally. Wonder why they didn't mention that one?
Mate, Foxtel still get the 7 commentators unfortunately. So, our games was telecast on both 7 and Fox Footy. The only difference was that 7 go to an ad whereas Fox Footy show replays after a goal is kicked.

Use your cash on something else.
Oh, Thanks for that.

What we need is our own TV Channel. Commentators .... Michael Christian, Lou Richards and Eddie McGuire with no ads. I'd gladly pay a hundred a month for that.
Bob Rose....the measuring stick of humanity
mgh3536

Football media (press / radio / commentators et al)

Post by mgh3536 »

Just a vent…

Try to watch and rewatch the game the damn commentators
Collingwood hating luke Hodge .. free kick but not worth a goal
Mathew Richardson never had an original thought bin his life
damn Taylor’ daicos threw that … every damn handball these days is a throw
damn Brayshaw enough said
Every ducking week