So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Black_White

Post by Black_White »

The wifes mash with cream cheese and shallots.
Topped with wonderful lamb cutlets cooked to perfection.
The Anzacs would be proud.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Got daughter to ring hubby from the car queue in Victoria parade, to see if he wanted pizza picked up, but he had worked all day, and then cooked us spaghetti Bol! Bless his cotton socks!

If I don't have to cook it, or clean up, it's always a good meal!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

was suffering from ceebs after getting home from the footy, so dinner was toast, vegemite and cheese washed down with a bottle of Cab Shiraz and a few beers.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Dinner last night was 2 pieces of Devil's food cake Mum & my niece made while we were at the footy. Pick up niece, couple bits of cake, then home for one of those looong hot showers to thaw out. Jeez it was cold!!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Youngest daughter is making chocolate pie (recipe from the book / film 'The Help) minus all of it's ingredients. Had it once before with cream & voila I'm off to open my arteries & use a trowel to lather on the cholesterol. Yummee.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

watt price tully wrote:Youngest daughter is making chocolate pie (recipe from the book / film 'The Help) minus all of it's ingredients. Had it once before with cream & voila I'm off to open my arteries & use a trowel to lather on the cholesterol. Yummee.
Huh?? :? If you make something, minus all of it's ingredients, aren't you making nothing??? :shock:
watt price tully

luvdids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:Youngest daughter is making chocolate pie (recipe from the book / film 'The Help) minus all of it's ingredients. Had it once before with cream & voila I'm off to open my arteries & use a trowel to lather on the cholesterol. Yummee.
Huh?? :? If you make something, minus all of it's ingredients, aren't you making nothing??? :shock:
Should have been one of the ingredients (read the book, see the film you'll know what I mean), :oops: :lol:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
mandy

Post by mandy »

I knew what you meant.

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
watt price tully

mandy wrote:I knew what you meant.

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
The pie is a winner though - wonderfully delicious minus that one ingredient.
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:
mandy wrote:I knew what you meant.

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
The pie is a winner though - wonderfully delicious minus that one ingredient.
This isn't like the first American Pie movie after a happy ending?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

special fried rice for hubby and oldest, brown rice for me and junior, and satay chicken, then hubby rings up and says do you mind if i go to the pub with the boys??

cool he can have it tomorrow!! too easy, and i get peace and quiet tonight.

do i mind??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
annewilo

Post by annewilo »

Those on my fb will already know this, but homemade sausage rolls with bbq sauce on a cold, cold night like this.

Poor hubby has been out in the cold putting up the frost cloth for the tomatos, so I thought I'll make some nice sausage rolls. He came in and helped and they were pretty sensational if I say so myself!
The Knights of Abbotsford
watt price tully

My wife is on the Gold Coas visiting her unfortutnate brother who is ill. Had my oldest daughter visit & with my youngest we cooked up some standard but yummy winter fare:

Chicken Schnitztel (pan not deep fried)
Mashed spuds
Steamed brocci & cauli
Ratatouille (with the last remaining bits of basil growing from summer)

Dessert: Stewed apples & custard - an oldie but a goodie

Went down a treat.

Tomorrow Italian soup : bacon bone & lentil soup (for the next few days, lunch or what ever).
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Okay, your wife is on the Gold Coas visiting her unfortutnate brother who is ill .
annewilo

Post by annewilo »

Yes HAL and WPT has just extended us all an invitation to dinner tomorrow night. Shall I bring wine?
The Knights of Abbotsford