Seagulls Match - Anzac Weekend

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Madpies_Fan

Post by Madpies_Fan »

Fantastic win for the team. gr8t stuff boys.
Bec
Go Pies!!
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

Any news on Rupe?
MagpieMel

Post by MagpieMel »

I went to the game, seeing as it was so close to home, as expected the small grandstand was filled to compacity well before the reserves game had ended. The weather was so bad, it didn't stop raining at all during the game. It was one of those games where no one looks outstanding it was just one of those tough slogs because it was so wet.
Cam Cloke stood out during the first half, he did well getting most of the hit outs and and throw ins.
Dane Swan was clearly our best player. But the biggest shock of the day came from Ben Kinnear he put in what would have to be his best game for a couple of years (I know your all thinking that wouldn't have been hard considering his standard as of late). Both Rupe and Shaw did ok, ran out the game pretty well and could be a chance for next week.
Werribee didn't really put up much of an opposition so maybe that made the boys look better than they really played.
One little tid bit to come from the game is that one of the umpires was actually Mark Fraser who used to play for both Collingwood and Essendon.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Officially, Williamstown's best players on Sunday were Swan, Shaw, Kinnear, Cranage, Cole and Anderson.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
where's kent butcher

Post by where's kent butcher »

It was a fantastic team game, most of the senior boys did ok, swanny has just improved out of site and he was pretty good last year. I like Cloke, injured himself at one stage but played on and got some more of the ball. I thought Shaw was fantastic and richard cole is just a joy to watch.
TRELOS

Post by TRELOS »

is Cole a chance of reselection??