Seagull's next match

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Seagull's next match

Post by Dale61 »

Easter weekend will feature the Seagull's up against traditional rival Port Melbourne on Easter Saturday in the McDonalds Day match. The match will be televised live on ABC Television so all supporters must be aware that the Senior match will begin at 1:10pm, with the Reserves to begin at 10:30am.

The match will commemorate the Clubs Team of the Century. The senior side will run out onto the ground in a specially designed jumper as a celebration of the 100 players who have gained the distinction of the greatest 100 players to pull on a Williamstown guernsey between 1900-1999. From these 100 players a team of 26 will be chosen as the Team of the Century. The function will be held at the stunning Crown Palladium Ballroom.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

This weeks line-up to play Port Melbourne.

B: Sheehan ~ West ~ Walker
HB: McGough ~ Dukes ~ Cranage
C: Nixon ~ Scotland ~ Cole
HF: Mahoney ~ Baldwin ~ Swan
F: Lloyd ~ Kinnear ~ Fletcher
R: Cloke ~ Betheras ~ Holland
I/C from: Anderson ~ Hollow ~ Maxwell
Pearce ~ Ramsay ~ Rippon ~ Runnalls ~ Taylor.

Don't forget that this game is to be played at Williamstown on Saturday 19th April, and being the ABC-TV game, starts at 1.10 pm.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

Match is being televised by the ABC.

Halfway through the second.

Cameron Cloke has just kicked a goal to put the Seagulls ahead by a point.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

I couldn't make the game due to work committments, but I managed to listen to the game on local radio. Williamstown went down by 11 points, and as I have the game on tape, I'll watch it tomorrow and provide an in-depth report then.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
molloymagic

Post by molloymagic »

Noticed that the ABC commentators on the tv said at the end'this is to all AFL players,VFL games start at 1pm' then the other guy said something along lines of 'take note Holland'.

I watched most of the game,cheered when the seagulls kicked a few goals,rupert was good,first time i have seen players like Cam Cloke,Lloyd etc. Looked like a good VFL side. Pity they had the kicking blues that the pies did on Thursday night*s*.

GO SEAGULLS!!!!!!!
(they r playing a game vs Tassie here later in the year,i may go along*S*)
Jarrod Molloy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Matty

Post by Matty »

I watched the game on TV, from all reports, Brodie turned up an hour late... good stuff, fella. When he was out on the field he was a mixed bag, every now and then he'd do something pretty good but quite often he was poor.

Cam Cloke looked pretty good to me, did a few good things, showed some confidence pushign forward a couple of times.

I didn't notice Cole all that much.

Magoo didn't do too much either, nor did Rupe.

Kinnear was pretty poor.

The thing is, watching these games you see Williamstown players you would put in the team long before a couple of our blokes.

Urm, this is the worst match report ever... disclaimer reads: I was watching this whilst flicking over to the Seinfeld marathon on TV1... plus I've been drinking... heavily.
Dale61

Match report

Post by Dale61 »

Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

cheers dale. VERY ordinary effort by brodie to turn up late. does he care more about modelling or footy these days?
where's kent butcher

Post by where's kent butcher »

By the time I got to the game, which was just as the ball was bounced, I was to late to get a record and I desperately need to know who number 41 for williamstown was. This kid didn't look over 15 but never gave up and showed some real courage at times.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Kent, I might be wrong but I think the #41 you are referring to is Nick Maxwell.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Brodie needs to lift his game, I saw him when he first debuted with Glenorchy in the now defuct TFL (Tasmanian Football League) he didn't play that well. He kicked a point which in tern lost the game for the Magpies and the Clarence Roos won the flag that year (1997) I think Holland needs a lot of work, I bet his dad (Former Glenorchy Great Donnie Holland) wouldn't be too proud of how his boy is playing right now. Don't get me wrong, he's a very talented footballer, I think he's a little lazy (like young Rhyce Show was) he'll come good though, I hope. I think there is some good signs for Collingwood with young Cameron Cloke playing good, to my surpise he's bigger then I would of thought. I really want to see another former Glenorchy Magpie Adrian Fletcher play for Collingwood, I think he still has some AFL football elft in them legs. But I think he said he doesn't want to play AFL football again or something like that. Which is sad, because over the years he's been a very good footballer (even won the TFL's William Leitch Medal, it's Tassie's Brownlow medal.)
molloymagic

Post by molloymagic »

I maybe wrong here but i think Hollands modelling stuff didn't do him any good,apart from getting a model girlfriend *s*.

Sure he looks good in the pics but this is FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!.
Jarrod Molloy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Brodie's like Tarrant (when Tarrant lef to play Cricket) I think that Brodie needs to either keep his mind on Football, or his mind on Modeling, I doubt he could do both. It would be very hard.
BJ

Post by BJ »

I thought Taz wanted to go surfing with his mates. Never knew he left to play cricket?
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
pepstar

Post by pepstar »

:o let's go williamstown pies